Accountant in Bromley

Barrie Tyson Accountant: fixed prices and flexible services in Bromley and Orpington

barrie tyson accountant bromley

Barrie 020 3514 9027


What records do I need to keep as a business?

You must keep records so that you are able to fill your self assessment tax returns fully and accurately. Your basic business records must include:

  • a record of all your sales and takings
  • a record of all your purchases and expenses
  • The more detailed records you keep, the easier it will be to answer any questions that HMRC have about your tax return. See guidance from HMRC.

    What bookkeeping systems are there?

    For many sole traders keeping records on paper will be the ideal solution. If you issue a few handwritten invoices and make a small number of cash and carry payments there really is no need for anything more complicated.

    Other than recording your income and expenditure in a book, you can keep your records on:

  • spreadsheets
  • computer based accountancy software
  • web based accountancy software
  • I can design and provide a free spreadsheet for you as part of my fixed price accountancy service.

    Computer based bookkeeping software has been around a long time and can be, at worst, complicated to use and expensive: often designed for the needs of the accountant and professional bookkeeper rather than the business owner.

    Small businesses are becoming increasingly attracted to online, web based, accounting systems that have been designed to be easy to use with flexible access. All your records are kept in the cloud, accessible through the web using a computer, tablet or smartphone. Typically a monthly fee is charged and in return you get access to the - always up to date - software and of course your records. I recommend Xero Online Accounting Software.

    Will you charge for the first meeting?

    No, our first meeting (face to face or over the phone) is free and there is no registration fee - no hidden charges. We get to know each other and discuss what you want from me and then we design a package that suits your needs and your budget.

    What do you charge?

    A fixed price is normally agreed prior to the work commencing and will depend on the type of service you want. Monthly fees are popular as they spread the cost and reflect the year round service provided.

    I work all day outside of Bromley how can I contact you if I have a query?

    Often the easiest way is for you to phone me during the day when you have a spare moment. If the evenings or weekends are more convenient you can phone, or we can arrange to meet (if you live near Bromley). Of course you can email me at any time and I will reply as soon as I can.

    I already have an accountant? Will it be difficult to change?

    No, all you have to do is sign a form and send it to your existing accountants. I then contact them directly to obtain the information.



    Telephone Barrie Tyson on 020 3514 9027

    BTFS Ltd Registered in England and Wales No. 04547755.

    Privacy Notice